IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VISAS & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for all Visa Types
- A completed visa application form, signed by applicant.
- The actual passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Two passport sized photographs recently taken.
- A prepaid self-addressed envelope to facilitate return of passport by the most secure mail
- Be sure you are able to track it.
- FedEx and UPS are accepted.
N.B: The Embassy shall NOT be responsible for any loss or damage which occurred due to poor packaging, or that which occurred at courier handling facility.
- Provide flight itinerary, ticket or tour operator package receipt.
- People traveling for specific reasons other than tourism must submit a letter from their organization or office. These include but not limited to volunteers, people attending meetings & conferences, studies, diplomatic, official and any other business not mentioned here.
- Parental Approval for minors:
Visa applications for minors under 18 years traveling alone or with only one parent/legal guardians should be accompanied by:
- A notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.
- A copy of their ID
- Visa Fee: U.S. Passport holder: $ 100, Non U.S.: $50. Modes of payment accepted are:
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check.
- Company or Organization Checks
- Personal Checks – Should be accompanied by a copy of valid driver’s license or simply write the driver’s license number on the check
- Cash is NOT accepted.
- All checks and money orders should be made Payable to the Embassy of Tanzania, Washington DC.
- All credit cards accepted, EXCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS. Please click here to download a form for credit card payment.
N.B: Visa Fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
|Other travel visas for:
|Other travel visas for:
|Referred Visa||US travel document & referred visa holders:
||This type of visa is NOT issued at the Embassy, it is issued at boarder or point of entry.|
HOURS OF OPERATION AND PROCESSING TIME (Mondays to Fridays, Except Holidays)
- Visa processing hours are 9:00am to 1:00 pm for submitting applications and 2:00pm to 5:00pm for picking up visas.
- Visa processing takes a minimum of five (5) working days for regular process.
- Rush service is available for an extra $20, which takes 3 working days.
- Next day service is an extra $50 and same day service is available for $100
- The duration to remain in the country is determined by the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- All visas are valid from the date of issuance. In the event a visa expires before it is utilized, the applicant will have to re-apply for a new one.
- Walk-in is available, no appointment necessary.
Processing Fee for Personal Checks and Credit/Debit cards:
When you provide a personal check, debit or credit card you authorize us to debit $5.00 processing fee from your account for each check or transaction. Payment with personal checks should be accompanied with a copy of driver’s license.
Required Consumer Notification (District of Columbia)
- Providing a check as payment authorizes The Embassy to either use information from your check to make one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
- A returned check fee of $25 will be electronically debited from your account in the event your electronic transfer is returned from your financial institution.
RESEARCH AND JOURNALISM
Visas for research and journalism will only be granted after the applicant has been cleared by The Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO) respectively
P.O. BOX 4302, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: +255-22-27O.0750/ 270.0745
FAX: NO. 255-22-275313
|Journalism||Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO)
P.O. BOX 9142, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: +255-22-211-0585/ 212.2771/ 211.2860,
|Please prepare the following items and submit them to the Embassy for authorization.
No Visa is required for nationals of the following countries:
Referred Visas are required for nationals of the following countries:
The best choice of vaccines for your trip depends on many individual factors, including your precise travel plans. Vaccines commonly recommended for travelers to Africa include those against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Yellow fever, Malaria Rabies and Meningitis.
Certificate is required for entry into, or travel between, some African countries. Several of these vaccines require more than one dose, or take time to become effective. It is always best to seek advice from your doctor on immunization well in advance, if possible around 6 weeks before departure.
The government of Tanzania requires proof of yellow fever vaccination upon arrival if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever.
For Malaria, talk to your doctor about how to prevent malaria while traveling. You may need to take prescription medicine before, during, and after your trip to prevent malaria, especially if you are visiting low-altitude areas. See more detailed information about malaria in Tanzania.
Pet licenses/certificates are required when traveling with pets to Tanzania. You may visit Frequently asked questions for more information.
In case you would like to buy travel insurance we recommend visiting the link below. It contains reviews of various travel insurance policies.
VISA PROCESSING CENTERS – USA
Visas can be obtained from any Tanzanian embassy abroad.
1232 22nd St. NW
Washington D.C 20037
Main Tel: (202)939-6125
Visa Info: (202)884-1085
Visa Processing Tel: (202)884-1092
307 East 53 street 4th, floor.
New York, NY, 10022.
TEL: 212-697 3612 Ext# 4 | FAX: 212-697-3618