IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VISAS & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for all Visa Types
- A completed visa application form, signed by applicant.
- The actual passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Two passport sized photographs recently taken.
A prepaid self-addressed envelope to facilitate return of passport by the most secure mail
- Be sure you are able to track it.
- FedEx and UPS are accepted.
N.B: The Embassy shall NOT be responsible for any loss or damage which occurred due to poor packaging, or that which occurred at courier handling facility.
- Provide flight itinerary, ticket or tour operator package receipt.
- People traveling for specific reasons other than tourism must submit a letter from their organization or office. These include but not limited to volunteers, people attending meetings & conferences, studies, diplomatic, official and any other business not mentioned here.
Parental Approval for minors:
Visa applications for minors under 18 years traveling alone or with only one parent/legal guardians should be accompanied by:
- A notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.
- A copy of their ID
Visa Fee: U.S. Passport holder: $ 100, Non U.S.: $50. Modes of payment accepted are:
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check.
- Company or Organization Checks
- Personal Checks – Should be accompanied by a copy of valid driver’s license or simply write the driver’s license number on the check
- Cash is NOT accepted.
- All checks and money orders should be made Payable to the Embassy of Tanzania, Washington DC.
- All credit cards accepted, EXCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS. Please click here to download a form for credit card payment.
N.B: Visa Fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
Other travel visas for:
Other travel visas for:
US travel document & referred visa holders:
||This type of visa is NOT issued at the Embassy, it is issued at boarder or point of entry.|
HOURS OF OPERATION AND PROCESSING TIME
- Visa Application drop off: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 1.00pm.
- Visa pickups: Monday to Thursday from 3.00 pm to 5.00pm and Friday from 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm
- Visa processing takes a minimum of five (5) working days for regular process.
- Rush service is available for an extra $20, which takes 3 working days.
- Next day service is an extra $50 and same day service is available for $100
- The duration to remain in the country is determined by the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- All visas are valid from the date of issuance. In the event a visa expires before it is utilized, the applicant will have to re-apply for a new one.
- Walk-in is available, no appointment necessary.
Processing Fee for Personal Checks and Credit/Debit cards:
When you provide a personal check, debit or credit card you authorize us to debit $5.00 processing fee from your account for each check or transaction. Payment with personal checks should be accompanied with a copy of driver’s license.
Required Consumer Notification (District of Columbia)
- Providing a check as payment authorizes The Embassy to either use information from your check to make one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
- A returned check fee of $25 will be electronically debited from your account in the event your electronic transfer is returned from your financial institution.
RESEARCH AND JOURNALISM
Visas for research and journalism will only be granted after the applicant has been cleared by The Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO) respectively
P.O. BOX 4302, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: +255-22-27O.0750/ 270.0745
FAX: NO. 255-22-275313
Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO)
P.O. BOX 9142, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: +255-22-211-0585/ 212.2771/ 211.2860,
Please prepare the following items and submit them to the Embassy for authorization.
No Visa is required for nationals of the following countries:
Referred Visas are required for nationals of the following countries:
FILMING PERMIT APPLICATION
The government of Tanzania requires you to apply for a filming permit if you plan to take professional video footage in Tanzania. Please fill out the filming permit form available here (Filming Permit Application Form)
You must also send us the following:
- Detailed synopsis of the film (separate attachment)
- Crew list (Photocopy of passport picture and information page)
- Equipment list
Please send your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Once we complete PART VI of the form, the Embassy will send your application to the Tanzania Film Board and you may follow up with them through the following email addresses. Note the application will not be sent directly back to you.
Board of Film Tanzania: email@example.com
The government of Tanzania requires proof of yellow fever vaccination upon arrival if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever. If you are travelling directly from the United States and transit through another country, it is NOT REQUIRED.
However if you will stay for more than 24 hours in a country that is endemic for Yellow Fever, you are required to have the vaccine. A complete list of these countries is available at the U.S. CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/yellowfever/maps/index.html
Yellow Fever Vaccine Waiver:
If your doctor has recommended that you should not have the yellow fever vaccine due to a condition or having reached above 60 years of age, you can travel to Tanzania with your letter from the doctor and show it to the border immigration officer to waive the requirement.
The best choice of vaccines for your trip depends on many individual factors, including your precise travel plans. Vaccines commonly recommended for travelers to Africa include those against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Yellow fever, Malaria Rabies and Meningitis.
Certificate is required for entry into, or travel between, some African countries. Several of these vaccines require more than one dose, or take time to become effective. It is always best to seek advice from your doctor on immunization well in advance, if possible around 6 weeks before departure.
Pet licenses/certificates are required when traveling with pets to Tanzania. You may visit Frequently asked questions for more information.
In case you would like to buy travel insurance we recommend visiting the link below. It contains reviews of various travel insurance policies.
VISA PROCESSING CENTERS – USA
1232 22nd St. NW
Washington D.C 20037
Main Tel: (202)939-6125
Visa Info: (202)884-1085
Visa Processing Tel: (202)884-1092
307 East 53 street 4th, floor.
New York, NY, 10022.
TEL: 212-697 3612 Ext# 4 | FAX: 212-697-3618