The following are requirements for permission to ship the Human remains to Tanzania
- One certified copy of Death Certificate
- Burial Transit Permit
- Letter of non-contagious disease from local health department
- Notarized embalmment letter/Certificate of embalmment
- Deceased passport
- Two passport size photographs if deceased’s passport is at large
- The letter from the Funeral Director
All documents should be sent to the Tanzania Embassy Washington DC, for authentication and issuance of embassy Permit to ship the human remains to Tanzania.
If ALL documents are correct and accepted the permission to ship the deceased body to Tanzania will be issued immediately.